How do you know our work makes a difference?
There are two fundamental questions we ask to identify the value of preschool:
- Are students ready to learn when they entered kindergarten?
- How long after preschool do its benefits last?
- Augenblick, Palaich and Associates, Inc.
- Buechner School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado, Denver
- Clayton Early Learning Institute
- Denver Public Schools
Data shows that DPP students are ready to learn when they enter kindergarten and they are outperforming non-DPP students on reading and math assessments when they reach the 3rd and 4th grades. The following links provide a more in-depth view of the research and analysis:
- 2013-2014 Evaluation: child outcomes
- 2014 TCAP Results: Brief and full analysis
- 2013 TCAP Results: Brief and full analysis
- 2012-2013 Evaluation: child outcomes
- 2011-2012 Evaluation: Summary, child outcomes
- 2010-2011 Evaluation: Summary, child outcomes
- 2009-2010 Evaluation: Summary, child outcomes
Denver Preschool Program Effectiveness.
We are driven to improve.
We’re always looking for ways to improve for our parents, schools and stakeholders. That’s why feedback is a critical element of our mission. We consistently talk to our preschools and parents to understand what is working and to identify areas where we can improve. And we combine that feedback with collected student data to make better strategic decisions. The following links provide a more in-depth view of our findings:
Our annual evaluation is but one means by which we strive to keep the community informed of our progress. Other resources – which can be accessed by clicking the links below – include: