Dear DPP Supporters, Providers and Friends,
This is to inform Denver Preschool Program's Providers, Partners, Parents and the City of Denver of James Mejia’s leave of absence as chief executive officer of the Denver Preschool Program (DPP). His leave will be effective on December 9.
During his absence, current DPP Director of Policy and Program Administration, Eileen Piper will serve as CEO of DPP. We are confident that Eileen’s focus on quality, innovation and collaboration will serve the organization well and believe the organization will continue to thrive under this new leadership.
With the help of Mayor Hickenlooper, James Mejia, the DPP Board and staff, and all of you, we have built a sustainable and model program that gives all Denver’s children the chance to succeed in education. By focusing on access and quality, we have created a new national standard for early childhood education and connected more than 15,000 Denver children with high quality preschool.
As James moves into a full-time campaign for mayor of Denver, we know he will remain inspired by the hard work of our preschool providers. Their commitment to education and the greater good serves as a constant motivation for many of us.
We look forward to DPP’s continued success as a national model for innovative education solutions under the leadership of Eileen.
Thank you for your support and commitment.
Board Chair, Denver Preschool Program
- News Bites - January, 2015
- Third Annual Preschool Showcase
- News Bites - December, 2014
- News Bites - October, 2014
- DPP Graduates Outperform Their Peers on 3rd Grade TCAP Assessments
- News Bites - September, 2014
- News Bites - August, 2014
- DPP Highlighted in the Denver Post Editorials
- New Bites - July, 2014
- Mayor Hancock and Early Childhood Leaders Propose Renewal of Denver Preschool Program